Saturday, July 4, 2009

Saturday's Seed to Sow


Happy 4th everyone! 

I'm excited to start this new weekly blog entry "Saturday's Seed to Sow" because it really is the heartbeat behind why I do what I do.  All the coupons, meal planning and cutting back are not just because of debt.  (although it SURE does help!)  It all came out of a place of feeling like we didn't have anything to give others beyond our normal tithe... and that broke our hearts!  I realize that "sowing" doesn't just have to be money or items, but it can be giving of our time and talents as well.  Somehow when you feel like you are riding a stationary bike backwards financially though, its hard to imagine that there would be any time or talents leftover to give.. anyone know what I'm talking about?!!  Moving away from the scarcity mentality is SO freeing, and you really start to see that there is actually more in giving.

In the coming weeks I will be featuring ministries, non-profit organizations or groups that need support in one way or another. If you have an organization in mind that you would like for me to include in Saturday's Seed to Sow, please email me at seedtosowblog@gmail.com.  I can't promise I'll get to them all, but I would love to know where your passions are!

For this week, I'll just leave you with a challenge.  (I love a good challenge ;)  
  1. Pick a deal... any deal... and go for it.  (like the Post Cereal deal @ CVS starting Sunday) 
  2. Find a local food bank or pantry.  Your church is a great place to start!
  3. Give your item(s). 

Sounds simple enough, huh? Start to be on the lookout for other places to give... like the next time the mailman puts a grocery bag on your mailbox for a group in need, fill it up!

Please let me know how it goes for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment