Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Bagels for Breakfast- An Inexpensive Treat

What a treat... homemade bagels!  They were surprisingly easy to make and at $.09 a bagel, you can't lose!

I followed this recipe, but there are so many of them out there.  Bagels don't have to rise as long as bread does, so for a yeast bread this is a relatively fast recipe!  Some recipes require boiling, some don't.  I went with one that did.  

My only piece of advice is to make sure that you don't over boil.  I got distracted and accidentally left a few of them in too long... they came out like hockey pucks!

After boiling, they bake for about 25 minutes.  We smothered ours in cream cheese and the strawberry freezer jam I made the other day... YUM!!!  (sorry I didn't set up a Food Network quality picture for you there :)


No comments:

Post a Comment