Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Our $40 Grocery Budget This Week

So I've decided I'm going to have to call it "Our $50 Grocery Budget this Week" because I just can't resist the great fruit prices right now.  We'll pull the money from our monthly surplus so I can stockpile and freeze what I can now for smoothies, etc.  Remember Aldi is supposed to have Strawberries for $0.99/lb starting Thursday while supplies last.. that is a rock bottom price!  Also watermelons are on sale this week at Kroger for $3.99- that is a very low price as well.

Total Spent on groceries- (not including my Aldi Strawberry run yet :)
$40.81

Total Price Before Coupons/discounts- $106.11

Here is what I did at Kroger and Publix:

3 Horizon Milk Singles (bribes haha)
Wild Sockeye Salmon
1.5 gallons milk
Flour
Yeast
Tyson Chicken Tenders
Jelly
Cucumber
Okra
3 ears Corn
Watermelon
Tropicana OJ
Publix AJ (penny item!)
Pineapple
5lbs Potatos
BBQ Sauce
Pickles
3 Limes
2 Loafs Pep Farm Bread
Ritz Crackers
Wheat Thins
Lipton Tea Bags
2 packs Gum

Total: $33.64

Harris Teeter:

5 packs Kraft Cheese
3 Odwalla Juices (we drank one before the picture ;)
Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaner
Dawn Dish Soap
Martha White Corn Meal

$7.46 ($7.17 was from grocery budget)

I'd love to hear how you did this week- even small savings matter!!



2 comments:

  1. Were these coupons in the paper?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, most of them.. I also had some great printables which I share on my blog as well when I come across them. Check out the Coupon Basics tab at the top of my home page.. There are 3 parts so far that should give you some good info on how to get started!

    ReplyDelete