Monday, June 22, 2009

Monday's Meal Planning

Since I've never posted a meal plan before, I just have to say that in the realm of saving money, this is one of the best things that can be done.  I find that when I take the time to write the list out, I'm not making 400 trips to the store each week!

So here it goes:

Monday- Grilled Burgers, Fries, homemade buns
Tuesday- Taco Salad
Wednesday- Hot wings, drumsticks (for the kids :), scalloped potatoes
Thursday- Chicken pot pie
Friday- Baked Spaghetti, homemade bread sticks
(I try to have 1-2 additional veggies or a salad at each meal)

I'd love to hear what you are cooking up this week!!!

2 comments:

  1. I agree, big cost saver. We make our menu based first on what is left in the fridge and pantry, then what we need to buy to complete the week. I love it because my fridge is always clean and empty that way and the pantry is so much less crowded too. We freeze all leftovers for lunches. I don't keep up with my menu-ing too well in the summer because we are outside and gone from home too much. We do a lot of salads, soup, wraps or BBQ-ing of meat & veggies all summer. It does give me one reason to look forward to colder winter weather though (I hate winter), to have indoor cooking time and structured menus. Happy cooking! Hope you get some good leftovers so you get a few meals cook-free during those hot days. JULIE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could really use some help in this area....I really suck at making a menu before shopping and end up making the same three dinners over and over again....if I don't just pop some corndogs into the oven:)

    ReplyDelete