Sunday, June 28, 2009

Monday's Meal Planning- Saving Money by Eating at Home


Making a meal plan will help you through those times when you just can't cook... believe me I feel that way a lot, but realized that even if we eat out "cheap" it usually costs us around $20.  (stick with me through the math here...)  If we do that twice a week, thats $2080 a year on 96 dinners out... and that is a very low estimate!  My grocery budget for all meals (that's 1,095 meals folks!) for the entire year is exactly that- $2080!  If we just eat at home and save eating out for special occasions, we are saving around $2000 in a year that can be saved or used to pay down debt!

So make a meal plan and stick with it.. your wallet will thank you!!

Monday- Chicken Enchiladas, chips & salsa
Tuesday-Meatloaf, Okra, Corn
Wednesday- Grilled Salmon, potatoes, salad, peach cobbler & ice cream (yum!)
Thursday- Hot Wings (Frank's sauce and melted butter... the best wings!!!), Drumsticks for the kids, scalloped potatoes
Friday- Chicken Gyros, homemade pitas

I try to have 1-2 additional veggies at dinner each night.

Lunches- quesadillas, pb & j, cheese and crackers, watermelon, leftovers

Breakfasts- waffles, cereal, strawberry muffins




3 comments:

  1. Okra? I never thought I would ever see one of my kids eating okra! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha no, that was another post.. a week's challenge we did as a family. The challenge was to eat a weeks worth of dinners for $10.. if I had to estimate this weeks dinners it would be around $19 (the fish is $5 of that)

    ReplyDelete