Monday, June 22, 2009

Landscaping on a Dime

Well, I don't know too much about landscaping.  (sounds like a promising blog about landscaping, huh?!)  The things I do know are all because of a few dear friends who have taken me under their wings and answered all of my gardening questions. Things like "which way does the bulb go in the ground?" and "So, an 'annual' comes back every year, right?"  Each year, this gardening/landscaping thing gets a little easier and more enjoyable!

So I may not be a pro on the topic, but I know a good deal when I see it!  Next time you are at Home Depot, ask if they have any "broken palettes" of mulch available.  These are bags that have a hole or two in them.  A broken palette costs $4.08!!  I got 8 bags of Pine Bark mulch for that price, and had there been more room in my trunk, they would have put more in!




If you don't mind a small vacuuming job in your car after your Home Depot run, you can accomplish a lot in your yard for a little!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome Jazz, mulch makes any yard look outstanding! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a GREAT tip! we are right in the midst of landscaping our yard & will DEFINITLY be asking on our next trip! THANKS!

    ReplyDelete