Friday, November 13, 2009

Update- Cookin' for the Freezer!

Wow I have done a terrible job keeping you informed of my freezer cooking this week (sorry :)!  For those of you that didn't see my first post, my hubby has been out of town and instead of feeling sorry for myself and eating cereal every night, I decided to try to fill my freezer with some meals/fixins that will help get us through the busy holiday season.  Here is my list (I have added a few things since the last list) and the progress I have made!


  • cook 2 chickens, chop and freeze
  • individually bag and freeze broth
  • chicken noodle soup out of remaining broth
  • spaghetti sauce
  • baked ziti
  • chili
  • chicken pot pie
  • pizza dough
  • pizza sauce
  • barbeque chicken calzones
  • chicken enchiladas
  • turkey tetrazzini (I have turkey wings in the freezer I need to use up.. this is the only thing I could think of!)
  • tortillas
  • chop/steam fresh pumpkin and freeze
  • pumpkin chocolate chip muffins
  • strawberry muffins
  • bagels


That picture doesn't show everything- it is one I took after the first night, but still gets the idea across. I'll work on the remaining items tonight.  If you have any meals that are great for freezing, I'd love to know about them!

1 comment:

  1. you are a rock start my friend!!!!
    How do you make your bbq chicken calzones?? they sound yummy!!

    ReplyDelete