Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday's Meal Plan- Getting Ahead While My Honey is Gone



In the words of my sister "I'd like to see what kind of a meal plan you are going to come up with this week... Tuesday: Cream of Wheat".  Haha!  She is referring to the fact that my hubby is out of town and dinners tend to get boring when I don't feel like spending any time in the kitchen.  

So I decided to overcome that awful lazy/bored feeling by spending time this week filling my freezer.  I got started last night!!  Here's my list of things to get done this week:
  • cook 2 chickens, chop and freeze
  • individually bag and freeze broth
  • chicken noodle soup out of remaining broth
  • spaghetti sauce
  • baked ziti
  • chili
  • chicken pot pie
  • pizza dough to freeze
  • barbeque chicken calzones
  • chicken enchiladas
  • turkey tetrazzini (I have turkey wings in the freezer I need to use up.. this is the only thing I could think of!)
  • pumpkin chocolate chip muffins
  • strawberry muffins
  • bagels
I'll keep you posted with pics/recipes along the way!

3 comments:

  1. I would love to have just 25% of your energy, drive, and ambition. Here my cry, Lord. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just made a huge pot of spaghetti sauce today - 1/2 to use this week and 1/2 to freeze. great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Robin, you've got it girl... You inspire me!

    Charis- check you out! Did you ever think you'd get so excited about frozen spaghetti sauce? love it.

    ReplyDelete