Monday, November 23, 2009

Monday's Meal Plan- Thanksgiving Week



Ahhhhhh, the holidays are officially here!  Many of you have guest coming or will be traveling- I hope you have a wonderful week!  You may be focusing all of your meal planning skills around Thanksgiving, and leftovers on Friday will be on the menu for most.. but what about Monday-Wednesday?  Honestly I don't want to think about those days, but I have to :)

My husband has requested I make a practice run of a chess pie tonight... maybe we should practice on the green bean casserole and mashed potatoes too? :)

Here's what I'm really thinking:

Monday: Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole (I'll make my own "cream soup" as a white sauce with chicken broth), steamed asparagus (on sale at Publix this week :)
Tuesday: Baked chicken, sweet potato fries, salad
Wednesday: Minestrone soup (I probably won't do as much cream as it calls for), homemade bread

Breakfasts- the usual hot and cold cereal, bagels and cream cheese, fruit salad... AND French Toast Casserole- I can't wait to try this!!!!!
Lunches- Noodles and sauce (after the sales at Publix the past couple weeks, I am stocked!), Pizza Bites, quesadillas, cut up veggies

What are you eating before Thursday?

3 comments:

  1. I haven't been on the actual computer much since Saturday.. Just saw your monday meal plan, always look forward to those!!! Let me know what you think of the french toast casserole, I made that yesterday for breakfast since I had company..I forgot half and half even though it was on my list so I had to get creative. I used creme brule' coffee creamer and it was really good! Made me wonder how many other creamers would make it yummy, like pumpkin spice, might have to make another one! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jazz, we are clearing out our fridge and freezer of leftovers to make room for the new Thanksgiving leftovers. So it will probably be stir fry, lentil chili and steak fajitas...leftovers for many days in a row will probably make me (but mostly my kids) especially thankful for Thanksgiving. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of chess pie. Is it a southern food? I must not have come across it when we lived in Georgia. Julie

    ReplyDelete