Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tuesday's Timesaver- Daily Quick Cleaning Checklist



I am one of those people that needs all the help I can get when it comes to keeping my house clean.  Anyone relate?  I have a few friends that do not relate... and I envy them! ;)

I found this great little Daily Quick Cleaning Checklist and have found it SO helpful!  I tend to be a perfectionist when it comes to my house- but maybe not a perfectionist in the most common sense of the word.  If I can't have it perfectly organized, I get WAY overwhelmed and let it all go.  I am continually working on just getting things in general places that the floor stays picked up and trying to get past my issues... slow and steady :)  Today I organized one drawer in my kitchen.  Yesterday I pulled our summer clothes and replaced with winter clothes. All while doing the things on that little checklist.  It keeps my cleaning (besides dishes) to under an hour a day!  Things are starting to shape up around here and I'm not cleaning all day long like I was before.

2 comments:

  1. I can so relate! If you can't do it perfectly, why bother? ;)
    Thanks for the link! I may need to print it out and post it on my fridge.
    Another one I love is fly lady. (www.flylady.net) The website is crazy overwhelming at first, but her principles are right on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that might be the lady my sister was telling me about- I just checked out her website, thanks! You are right it is overwhelming, but I definitely saw a few tips I can already apply.. I love and NEED the principal of baby steps in my home!

    ReplyDelete