Thursday, August 6, 2009

Best Landscaping Deal Around and The $100 Home Challenge

I had previously shared how I was able to get 8 bags of mulch for $4.08 at Home Depot by purchasing a "broken palette".  Visit my post on Landscaping on a Dime for more details on how to do this.  I purchased my second broken palette yesterday- they didn't have a ton, but I was able to get 7 bags!  Most of them were hardly torn at all.

Here's part of what I was able to accomplish with $4.08:

(before)

(after)
The grass even looks greener in the "after" picture, LOL.  I did 5 more bushes and re-mulched over some bare spots from last time with the rest of the mulch.  Pretty good deal, eh?

The $100 Home Challenge

It is just what it looks like!  How many things can I add, fix, change, paint, plant, you name it, for $100.  I'll update you periodically to let you know how I'm doing!  We need SO many things done in and around our home, but one thing at a time... and you know me, I love a good challenge!  Let me know if you want to join in on the fun, and keep us posted on your progress.  Also be sure and share any frugal fix-it-up home ideas with everyone!

1 comment:

  1. this is a GREAT idea Jasmine! i will LOVE seeing what you get accomplished...DEFINITELY keep us posted! FUN!

    ReplyDelete