Sunday, January 31, 2010

Monday's Meal Plan- SOUP


Its sooooo cold here right now... nothing like hot soup and fresh bread on a snowy day!  Homemade soup is not only the ultimate comfort food, but it is usually very inexpensive and can be frozen for an additional meal later.  Many of the recipes I'll be using call for chicken broth as a base.  If you have read along with me for a while, you know that I make my own and keep it in the freezer along with all of my chopped up chicken in individual baggies.  I have lots of canned tomatoes and cheese from the mega event at Kroger, so those will come in handy for a few meals this week.

We started the week with some delicious beef stew- here are the remainder of the days:

MondayChunky Potato Soup and Sweet Dinner Rolls
Tuesday: Chili and cornbread
Wednesday: Beer Cheese Soup and french bread
Thursday: Corn Chowder
Friday: Chicken and White Bean Chili


What is your favorite soup for a cold day?

2 comments:

  1. mmm it all sounds good! We will be having taco soup this week since I have some frozen from the last batch I made, and Venison Stew. I was also thinking some ham and bean soup I have a ham bone saved in the freezer but have yet to make that before so I am a little intimidated for some reason lol.
    I LOVE loaded baked potato soup but sadly my hubby hates potato soup so I don't even made it (hes weird)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Mary, I JUST took out a frozen ham bone from the freezer to make ham and beans today! And I'm a little intimidated too! So funny. I found a recipe I'm going to try on All Recipes called Southern Ham & Brown Beans. It looks pretty easy and the reviews are glowing. You should try it! My favorite soup is potato/broccoli/cheese with bacon on top. So unhealthy and delicious!

    I love this blog. Soups, stews, and chilis are wonderful on rainy days like this. It's supposed to rain for at least the next 10 days here!

    ReplyDelete