Wednesday, October 20, 2010

7 Soups in 7 Days- Day 4, Hot and Sour


Well, we made it past the halfway point!  I can't tell if everyone in my family is genuinely excited about the soup each night or if my hubby has discovered my blog posts LOL! :)  Either way, I think the soup last night went over well.  I've never made Hot and Sour Soup before so it was a fun learning experience.  I *loved* pouring the egg in the swirling water and watch it cook before my eyes.  I could definitely do that again!

Of course I added an "extra" with the meal.  We had a bag of the Ling Ling wontons in the freezer from Costco that were super easy and went with the soup well.  This was probably the most expensive soup so far- I'll tally everything up at the end for us to see.  Shitake mushrooms aren't the cheapest things in the world.

HERE is the recipe I used, but modified quite a bit.  I kept the stock the same, used chicken instead of pork among a few other things.  Let me know if you try this or have another recipe you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment