Today was a great day although I forgot about an oil change and hair appointment at 2 different points of the day that took me away from home for a bit. Combine those with breakfast, lunch, dinner for the family, and the fact that I ran out of flour- (what a HUGE oversight on my part!) my freezer baking day sort of went down the drain :)
On a happy note, the calzones turned out delicious! Next time I might add a little more sauce and cheese than I did on these. Here are some step-by-step pics for a great freezer dinner on a night you don't want to cook! (the link to the recipe is below)
Next cover with the (thinly) rolled pizza dough.
Press in between with your fingers to help give a temporary seal, cut them apart with a sharp knife, press with a fork and trim edges.
Freeze on a baking sheet and then transfer to freezer bag!
Here is the final list of what I accomplished today- definitely pushing to finish the rest tomorrow while the kids are in school from 9am-1pm!
- Pancake, Waffle and Cornbread Mixes
- Pumpkin Bread- slice and freeze
- 60 Flour Tortillas (these are amaaaazing! I use oil instead of shortening and added a little baking powder)
- 25 Corn Tortillas
- 25 Bagels
- Pizza Dough
- Pita Bread
- BBQ Chicken Calzones- I don't have any bacon, so won't be adding that
- Chili- This is an AWESOME recipe!
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Chicken Tetrazzini
- Baked Ziti (for meals for new moms)